Convenient to the Wild Atlantic Way Road, Keel River Lodge is only 20 minutes drive to Westport, the starting point of the Great Western Greenway.
You may choose Ballinrobe as your leisurely, relaxing 'away from it all' holiday destination, but if you feel re-energised while you are here, you will find a host of activities for all levels of ability and fitness.
- Fishing - go to our fishing page for more information.
- Golf - Ballinrobe Golf Course is an excellent 18 hole Championship Course - one of the finest parkland golf courses in Ireland.
- Horse Riding, Pony Trekking, Hill-walking all available locally.
- Walking; We will show you some beautiful walks nearby.
- A 20 min drive to Westport will take you to the starting point of the 42km Great Western Greenway - the longest off-road walking/cycling trail in Ireland. You can walk or cycle part of, or all of, this traffic free trail which follows the route of the old Westport to Achill railway line, which closed in 1937.
- The Wild Atlantic Way, a 500km drive in Mayo, is a wonderful way of discovering the County’s key attractions of "beauty, infrastructure and people".
- Shopping - Keel River Lodge is only 15 minutes drive from Castlebar, one of the premier shopping towns in the West of Ireland. Castlebar boasts many of the major stores, fashion shops, souvenir shops and much more. Galway is only 40 mins away.
Ballinrobe is a popular holiday destination and has many attractions for all age groups.
- Racing - We are 2km away from the famous Ballinrobe Racecourse which holds several race meetings from April to September.
- Beautiful Blue Flag beaches within half an hour drive.
- Restaurants - Ballinrobe and other nearby towns are well served to cater for all tastes.
- Irish Music - Provided in local pubs.
- Taxi service available locally.
- Ashford Castle Cong is just 12km away, the village where the the 'Quiet Man' film was shot.
- Knock Shrine and Ireland West Airport Knock - 40 minutes.
- Westport with all its attractions is just 20 minutes away.
- Galway City is just 40 minutes away.
- Ballintubber Abbey - wedding place of Pierce Brosnan is just 12km away.
- Clare Island, Achill Island and Connemara can all be reached on day trips.